Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nikkilude #1: Las Alpargatas


My feet HURT. Yeah, I walk to class at my home universitybut that’s nothing to the 20+ blocks I usually end up walking every day. Andit’s not even so much the walking, because I love to run and walk…it’s theshoes and my deformed feet. Coming here I knew it was summer and HOT, but allmy sandals were old-looking so I didn’t want to bring them, and I also forgotbasic flip flops. So I packed my best options and called it good. What Irealized is that my “best options” were STUPID. Why? Because none of them arecomfortable to walk in for more than 10 minutes. Conversely, my mostcomfortable shoes are my running shoes, which are absolutely not suitable towear with a cute sundress. Plus, nothing says “Hey I’m a big stupid American!”like wearing running shoes for everything. As to my feet, they’re simplymalformed. They’re tiny (size 6), but reeeeeeally wide with narrow-ass heels,so most of my shoes are like trying to shove a triangle into a slim rectangle.And if the back of my heels aren’t being rubbed to death, you can probably betit’s the top and side my feet getting worked over. Even my Chucks feel like crap.I was instructed to buy alpargatas—the shoes Toms are modeled after, which ofcourse originated in Argentina. So I’m going to get some authentic alpargatas(and plastic surgery on my foot?!) That’s right, Lauren, I’ll have real Toms ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment