Thursday, May 31, 2012

In a city of millions...


Thursday, May 10th, 2012
After class today, I decided to browse through Barrio Chino because I was DYING for another Melona Korean popsicle (despite the fact that it’s getting cold) and also wanted to look for some stir fry ingredients for an easy lunch here and there.

After way too much browsing and delighting in all the sights, smells and attitudes of Barrio Chino, I made my way back to the train station to go home. While waiting for the train, I looked to my left and saw a girl that looked familiar. She gave me the same look and finally said, “¿¡Nikki?!”. And then it dawned on me. She was one of the women I met at the Ser 5k!!!!!! WHOAAAAAAAAAAA. This might just be the biggest, craziest coincidence EVER. To see someone you met randomly in a race of 7000+ women in a city of MILLIONS less than a week after you had even met. I think I just won the sociological lottery. Unfortunately, my train ride was just one stop and looking back, I wish I would have gotten her cell phone number at least because I really need Argentine friends, but alas, perhaps we were only ever meant to be coincidental acquaintances…

No comments:

Post a Comment