Sunday, March 20, 2011

LAX SUX

OMG GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is what I’m screaming in my head right now. People are ambling around this airport like they’re shopping for something interesting versus walking through arguably the worst airport in the world. News flash: I’m going to Korea—get outta my way!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve been waiting for my luggage for 30 minutes. Oh is that it? No. Oh wait, this one. No. That’s it, right? NO. WHERE THE HELL IS ITTTTTT!?!?! 
Ok there it is. And she’s off!

Forgetting that LAX is probably bigger than most towns in Idaho, I made my way back up to the upper level thinking my check-in area would be right there. All I saw was a solid row of Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta. Oh yeah. It’s LAX. Having no maps to figure out where the hell I was and where I needed to go, I frantically started running (in the wrong direction) before I stopped and gathered my logic and discovered that I had to now run in the opposite direction. Apparently there are little shuttles that take you to and from the several terminals. But I was so frantic that all I could do was run. The air surrounding LAX languid, filthy and clammy and with my adrenaline pumping, I could feel the sweat running down the side of my head. After setting the new world record for the fastest run by a crazy person with 40 pounds of luggage, my bangs felt damp and I approached the perfectly poised Korean Air booth manned by a woman in a sharp teal uniform, while I was damp with sweat and so disorganized and out of place. She gave me "the look". I was still working the sweat out when I approached security. And that’s the way I like to start off a 13 hour flight. Sweating profusely...

I finally made it to gate 138 and was warmly greeted by my fellow CIEE participants. We were all as excited as kindergarteners on their first day of school. And I was the sweaty, crazy kid.

Is this real life?
-n

No comments:

Post a Comment