Sunday, March 20, 2011

15 months in the making...

And I'm finally in Korea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I applied for this trip last year, but was not chosen. This year I came back with a vengeance and was the first person to get my application in. After months of dreaming of the moment where I first laid eyes on Korea, it finally happened. Though the air was beige colored, there was still something romantic about it all. Like meeting someone you've heard a lot about for the first time. Your expectations are always wrong, but it hardly matters when you let yourself get wrapped up in the moment. 



Despite the 13 hour flight, I managed to keep my sanity in tact. I’m not sure how. And aside from being a little greasy, I didn’t look all that haggard, either. What a miracle. Stepping out from the airport, I expected to see the bustling city limits of Seoul in the background, but was instead greeted by a landscape you’d expect to see in the outskirts of LA. Desert, barren land. It doesn’t help that I’m visiting at perhaps the ugliest time of year (too warm for snow cover, too cold for blossoms). Everyone on our bus was nearly delusional and slightly confused. Is this the Korea we had been dreaming of for months? Of course not. And slowly but surely as we got closer and closer, we felt the heartbeat of Seoul pulsing through our veins, not knowing of the adventure to come.

안녕하세요
-n

No comments:

Post a Comment